Hearty potato gratin
- 1.5 kg Floury potatoes, cut into approximately 2 mm thick slices
- 150 g Emmental cheese, grated
- 40 g Butter
- 500 ml Milk
- 500 ml Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 0.5 Tablespoon Salt
- 0.5 Tablespoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1Nutmeg, grated
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Clove of garlic, crushed
Place the grill in the Standard position while preheating the lower part of the Dutch Oven for 10 minutes at the highest level. Keep the lid closed.
Get all of the ingredients ready.
Add the butter, milk, cream, thyme, salt and pepper to the preheated Dutch Oven.
Season with garlic and nutmeg. Mix everything together with a whisk and allow to simmer.
At the same time, layer the potatoes in the Dutch Oven so that the slices are covered with the glaze.
Sprinkle with Emmental cheese. Close the lid and bake the potatoes in the preheated grill at 200 °C for approximately 40 minutes.